The Coordination Office for Education Accessibility (CAE) acts at the basic, undergraduate and graduate education levels at UFSC. It seeks to ensure the rights of people with disabilities to equal opportunities, allowing for their personal autonomy and access to knowledge.
The responsibilities of CAE are:
- develop and execute institutional policies for accessibility and inclusion of students with disabilities and/or special educational needs at UFSC;
- promote equal conditions of access to knowledge for students with disabilities and/or special educational needs;
- promote the removal of architectural, programmatic, pedagogical, communication and attitudinal barriers at the university;
- support the different university sectors in order to improve the participation of people with disabilities and/or special educational needs;
- acquire and ensure assistive technology and alternative communication for students that need such resources for their full academic participation;
- be a reference in actions of accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities and/or special educational needs;
- create partnerships and agreements with different representative bodies of people with disabilities in Santa Catarina and other states, aiming at sharing knowledge and other forms of academic exchange;
- advise in the creation of job positions, public tenders and in the admission of supporting professionals and scholarship students (working as attendants, monitors, sign language interpreters and guide-interpreters) to work together with students who need them in order to remove institutional barriers faced by people with disabilities.
Coordinator: Bianca Costa Silva de Souza
For further information, visit CAE website.