How to report violence

Violence suffered within the university must be reported to the UFSC Ombud’s Office, which is the central channel for receiving complaints from anyone victim of violence committed by a member of the university community.

Complaints can be reported both by the victim and by witnesses to the situation. The report, on all campuses, must be done through the system, and must contain minimum evidence supporting the allegation.

The whistleblower is assured of the confidentiality of their identity, when requested.

If there is evidence that a crime has occurred, an occurrence report must also be registered with the Office of Institutional Security (SSI), which will communicate it to the investigative bodies external to the university or give instructions on its registration with the Civil or Federal Police, depending on each case, and its referral to the Public Prosecutor’s Office.