The Coordination Office of Sexual Diversity and Confronting Gender-Based Violence (CDGEN) assists SAAD in the implementation of policies to confront genderphobia and violence against women within UFSC, through institutional support policies that promote the rights of the university population of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transvestites and transsexuals (LGBT) and women victims of violence.
Its responsibilities are:
- implement policies for confronting gender phobia and violence against women inside UFSC;
- coordinate programs, projects and activities that strive for the respect and dignity of the LGBT community, independently of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- promote lectures and institutional campaigns for confronting gender phobia and violence against women;
- receive and report complaints of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- report complaints from women who are victims of violence as derived from the women’s service center;
- revise UFSC legislation in order to guarantee human rights related to sexual diversity and violence against women, helping to establish academic penalties for violators;
- coordinate projects of training and continuing education within the themes of human rights, sexual diversity and violence against women for UFSC students, faculty and staff;
- stimulate the creation of a network of support and orientation for women, in the Administrative Units of UFSC, aimed at building inter-institutional relations and improving service standards for women who are victims of violence within the university’s scope.
Coordinator: Aurivar Fernandes Filho